If you live in a property in council tax banks A to D you are likely to receive a £150 council tax rebate from the Government to help with the cost of living. This rebate will not need to be repaid.
You are entitled to the rebate if:
- your property is in a Council Tax band A to D (or if you are in a band E property and you receive a disabled band reduction)
- you are liable to pay Council Tax
- your property is occupied as someone’s sole or main residence
You are not entitled to this rebate if:
- your property is a holiday home or second home
- your property is not someone’s sole or main residence on 1 April 2022
- your property is in a Council Tax band E to H (unless band E and a disabled band reduction is applicable)
When and how will you receive your £150 rebate
If you pay your Council Tax by direct debit- you are likely to receive your £150 rebate automatically in April. Your rebate will be paid directly into the bank account used to pay your council tax. You do not need to contact Chichester District Council.
If you do not pay your Council Tax by direct debit – then we will contact you in April with details on when you will receive your rebate, and how to provide us with the information required to process your rebate.
You are likely to receive your payment quicker if we already hold your bank details.